We all love boxes and crates, and this one is just adorable. A tray like this can have lots of purposes, lets have a think:
Fruit bowl, tea tray, bread basket, snack divider, jewellery keeper.
If you hang it on the wall in the bathroom, you can storeyour perfumes and soap.
Or in the kitchen for your spices and condements.
In your bedroom for mini photos and trinkets.
The possibilities are endless and I could be here all day!
To get this look at home:
- Upcycle it from a pair of vintage drawers. I one drawer for the main part, and the second drawers to make the dividers.
- Paint it in Voodoo Molly Vintage Paint "Old Linen" (cool grey/white) or "Toasted Almond" (warm beige)
- Use a heavy hand on 120 grit sandpaper to distress it.
- Use a glaze effect with Vintage Stain. Use "Ebony" (cool) for a stone-like look, or "Dark Oak" (warm) if you want a warm aged effect.
- Use a stencil from Mollies Make & Create to give it some interest.
- Finish it off with a lick of Vintage Clearcoat "Low Sheen"
- When dry, I put back the original handles, but you could buy some great cermic knobs from Mollies.
Have you made anything out of an old drawer before? Comment below.
Read more blog posts