A few years back I repurposed leftover furniture parts into a funky dunky pet bed. Voodoo Molly Vintage paint products are all non-toxic, so a great product to jazz up our doggies furniture.
This bed was made from repurposing the following:
- An oak drawer
- Slats from a babies cot
- Legs from an ottoman
- Handles from a dressing table
- Cushion from an armchair
- Fabric leftover from an upholstery project
I also used Vintage Paint in Paris Grey and Vintage Stain in Ebony.
To get this look, this is how I did it:
- Remove the bottom of the drawer and install some cot slats. This is to give good circulation.
- Put some reinforcing timber to the bottom, to keep the slats supported. The timber will also be used to screw the legs onto. The legs were from an old footstool.
- Add some handles to the front. I liked these ones as they hang flat against the side, and would not get in the way of doggo.
- Paint the whole thing with Voodoo Molly Vintage Paint. To get this same look use "Paris Grey".
- When dry, dry-brused a tiny amount of Voodoo Molly Vintage Stain "Ebony" in long strokes. This will give it an almost stone look which is very cool.
- Do a little distressing here and there with 120 grit sandpaper.
- Since this was a pet bed, it with Voodoo Molly Vintage Clearcoat "Low Sheen".
- Whilst the paint s drying, I loosely cover an old foam cushion with fabric.