One weekend a few years ago I met a lovely "collector of interesting stuff". He gave me the opportunity of rummaging around his chaotic (yet organised!) piles of treasures. Among other things, I brought two vintage rifle cases from him.
The instant I saw them I knew exactly what I do with it. I could visualise a fab bench seat for the end of the bed, with some handy storage inside it. And I was right, this ended up looking great!
Here is how you can get the same look at home:
- Mount some legs to the underside.
- If its easy to do so, remove the hardware such as catches, handle and hinges.
- Give the case a light sand with 120 grit sandpaper, working in the direction of the grain.
- Stain with Voodoo Molly Vintage Stain.
- Using a stencil from Mollies Make & Create, add some numbers/letters (optional)
- Use Voodoo Molly Vintage Clearcoat in Semi-Gloss or Low Sheen to give it a protective polyureathane finish.
- Put the hardware back on.
- Inside the case, line with felt or leather. Use contact spray adhesive to stick it in.
Have you repurposed something before? Comment below.
Read more blog posts